Had another weekly appointment today...
Bad news -
The Group B Strep test from last week came back positive. I'm asymptomatic, but there is a chance that I could pass it along during birth and and even slimmer chance that it could then cause an infection for Critter Jack. So, I'll have IV antibiotics during labor. Which means I might not be able to labor at home for as long as I would like to, mostly depending on when my water breaks. And then the IV will be on a slow pump, so I won't be super mobile. But as soon as the meds are in, they'll cap the IV so I can get into the shower if I want, but not exactly what I was hoping for. Disappointing news.
BUT we're going to focus on this:
Good news -
Critter is growing (measuring 37 weeks), his heart rate was good (140s), his head is still down, and he showed off some serious kicks for the midwife ("Oh my!" she said).
Better news - (*hahaha*)
She commented about how nicely I've avoided stretch marks. Which I would like to attribute to using the $40 cream. But I'm aware it could just as easily be genetics.
She was pretty nonchalant when I told her I'd been having contractions throughout the day - nothing really organized (clustered together, not really easy enough to even time...). She said if he did come now (just over 36 weeks), he'd be fine, but we'd like him to make it until 37 weeks (Wednesday). I said I'd prefer two more weeks, I have too much work to do.
5.21.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I like the "oh my" comment from the midwife in response to slugger Jack's mighty kicks! Great to hear that he is doing great! Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteYou can also do tea tree oil vag suppositories instead of the iv antibiotics. Once a day, every day, until you deliver.
ReplyDelete