2.17.2010

Adventures in Baby Gear

Scott and I ventured out to look at baby furniture and gear yesterday. The weather was terrible, which made driving a bear, but kept the crowds away.

First stop: IKEA. It was Scott's first time, which can be more than a little overwhelming, but he took it all in stride and did a lovely job. We liked the looks of some of the furniture, and the storage stuff seemed pretty solid, but the crib I like did not. Too bad, because furnishing an entire nursery for around $500 would have been great!

Next up: Babies R Us. I hate this store. We both do. But we figured it was worth a look and I was armed with my Baby Bargains book (thank you, Andrea), so I felt prepared. I did fall in love with one crib - naturally, the most expensive one on the floor. Figures. But it was highly rated in my book and across the web. We'll see...

Last stop: magicbeans, a locally-based boutique store that I adore, where we started a registry. Wahoo! We're not registering for too much here, just the stuff I'm going to be really picky about, like the jogging stroller and a carrier.

There's plenty of stuff I'm not being picky about - for which I've been scouring Craigslist (I LOVE Craigslist). We already have a Graco stroller, car seat, three car seat bases (I'm aware that three seems excessive, but they all came together), and a swing frame, all for about $100.

4 comments:

  1. Nice stroller and carrier. :) I use both of those every day.

    BTW, the P&T's comes with a big, bright tag that says, "Warning: Not intended for jogging" - but I have run with it and know others who have too. For that matter, though, I've seen moms running with their Graco's ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and hey you'll probably want a sleepy wrap, they are awesome at the beginning. :) http://www.sleepywrap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I hate BRU too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'll be running with it. I'll only be pushing one though - I probably wouldn't use it with the double. I didn't think I'd miss running as much as I do...

    I'm registered for a Moby and already have a HotSling... : )

    ReplyDelete