At the appointment on Friday, Alexi (my midwife) measured my fundal height. This is the measurement from the top of the pubic bone to the top of the uterus; in centimeters, it should equal the number of weeks one is pregnant. I was 23 weeks, 2 days on Friday. Here's what happened next:
Alexi: Twenty-seven.
[looks puzzled, goes to check my paperwork, confirms I'm only 23 weeks]
Hmmm .... that can't be right.
[measures again]
Yep, that's right. How big were you when you were born?
Me: 8'10"
Alexi: And your husband?
Me: 8'15"
Alexi: Okay, so you're just going to have a big baby.
Great.
So, he's growing. She assured me my weight gain was right where it's supposed to be though, I'm not gaining too much (a total of 13 pounds so far).
The plan is this: Make it to 37 weeks (full-term) and then walk everywhere and then some and only eat foods with curry, cajun, or buffalo in the title.
2.21.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hi guys,
ReplyDeletewhat an appointment you guys had on Friday, huh?! I love your plan of walking and eating the spiciest of foods. The bright side...Jack will not seem so small and fragile when he arrives! BTW: you look GREAT!!
You might slow down your growth at the end. With Mae I popped really early and then for a while my belly didn't grow at all. The midwives said sometimes your body stretches right out and then the baby takes its time to catch up its growth with the room inside. :)
ReplyDeleteMy Ob said to stay away from pineapple and papaya since it causes early labor...but by the 37th week maybe you could load up on both (without the heartburn!) :)
ReplyDelete