1.19.2010

Ha!

This is why dooce.com is one of my favorite blogs:

Anyway, the manager pointed me in the direction of a few personal trainers, and I exchanged email with one whom I met yesterday to see how we'd match up. And after realizing we'd been living parallel lives (see: thinking in childhood that the world might spin off its axis if we did not fast and pray hard enough) she had me perform what she called a "fitness test." And when I heard the word TEST a certain part of my brain exploded, seized control of all rational parts of my brain, and the first thought that went through my head was, "If I do not ace this test we will all die alone and homeless."
Pretty much the exact same thought I had every second of high school.
Um, exactly the same thought I had every second of high school. And some of college. And definitely all of grad school.


Speaking of fitness tests, I worked out today for the first time in weeks! Nothing big, just a little time on the elliptical, but it felt great. And then I came home to a flyer in the mail for The Cape Relay in May. But I don't think I'll be doing that at 7 1/2 months pregnant.  *sigh*  I am checking out prenatal yoga tomorrow night though!

No comments:

Post a Comment