1.27.2010

HOLY CRAP!

Ladies and gentlemen, we are halfway there - 20 WEEKS. And boy, was the little man excited about it all day - it was like a circus down there with all the somersaults and kicking.

Apparently, we now measure from head to heel (not head to bum), so he's about 10" long and weighs about 10 oz. (think banana).  But since I am getting increasingly round, I still like thinking in round fruits and vegetables, so cantaloupe it is.




People have really started noticing over this last week. It is a little undeniable (not that I would want or need to deny it). At least from the side. From straight on, it's not so noticeable. And not at all noticeable from the back - so I've been told.

Also last week, I had my monthly appointment with the midwife. His heartbeat was about 140bpm. And I'm up about 5 pounds.

She gave some great advice and recommendations for childbirth classes (more on that to come) and things we can do at the hospital to help make sure we're in control of what goes on. One of the things she reminded me of was that the hospital is a workplace for the nurses there, and they can easily get caught up in that. She suggested personalizing the room as much as possible (with photos, music, aromatherapy, etc.) and that doing that really helps the nurses and staff remember that they are entering OUR space, not just another workspace.

Gonna keep on growing ...

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the half way mark and the week of the cantelope! It's truly amazing how much growing goes on in such a short amount of time, really. BTW: you look great! Such a cute pregnant lady with an adorable bump!

    ReplyDelete