12.04.2009

lub-dub lub-dub lub-dub

Welcome!!!

We had our 12 week appointment today and heard the racing heartbeat - 160bpm!  It was crazy.  It was nice to hear something tangible, some evidence that there's really a human growing inside me.  And I can totally understand why people buy/rent dopplers so they can listen to the heartbeat at home.  I will resist that temptation.  Just a few more weeks until we can hear it with a stethoscope anyway.

This was also the first time we met with our midwife and I love her.  She was very calm and answered any question we had.  She said that everything sounded/looked/felt great!  And she thinks I might be a little further along then we initially thought - maybe around 13 weeks.  She said it's not significant now and there's no reason to move the ultrasound up, so we still be having that in mid-January.  We'll get a better idea of the due date then.  For now, I'll leave these dates up, and we'll say I'm due in mid-June.

I got to call some extended family members and friends to share the news with friends today too, which was super fun.  And if you're reading, you already know ...

No comments:

Post a Comment