We're safely into Week 13 (that of the shrimp), and entering the second trimester. Meaning the Critter is almost three inches long and weighs about an ounce. I was reading in one of my books this week that the weight will increase by 32 times this trimester, from an ounce to about two pounds. Two pounds doesn't sound big, but that increase is huge! No wonder this stuff is so exhausting!
This week has actually been really good. I've had a lot more energy, haven't felt sick at all, and did not come home every night to doze on the couch in my fleece pants. I even ran a 5K today. Well, I use the term "ran" very loosely. It was suh-loooooow. It was my first run since the Tufts 10K that I ran the day after we found out I was pregnant - two months ago. But I did it. And promptly came home to shower and nap. (So still no Christmas tree in the house. Scott did bring home the decorations, and I'm hoping to put some of those up tonight.)
No bump yet. I saw some friends from grad school yesterday, and they were disappointed at the lack of a baby bump. My co-workers keep telling me I look skinny (which I greatly appreciate, but I'm pretty sure it has more to do with my boobs being bigger than usual). But the bump is coming. I get nervous every morning when I put on my pants. And I get even more nervous when I have to wash my jeans...
UPDATE: I am seriously sore today. I am none-too-happy about it. I am going to the gym tomorrow.
12.13.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It was great seeing you last saturday. I am very impressed that you ran a 5K! Don't worry about the bump... it will definitely come! In the meantime, enjoy sleeping in whatever position you like b/c soon you'll be forced to sleep on your side.
ReplyDeleteOn gift that I used at the end of my pregnancy was a foot massager. I could sit on the couch at the end of the day and put my feet on the massager. Tom also enjoyed it. As for baby stuff, you'll probably get all that at showers so Scott can be happy with all his presents (this year). Haha!
Have a wonderful Christmas!!
--Laura