12.07.2009

Solicitation

I understand that I may regret soliciting advice, but I'm going for it anyway.  I'm sure it's safer to ask about products than actual advice, so, here goes.

People have been asking what I want for Christmas, but I am having some trouble coming up with ideas.  Clothes are obviously out, gift cards are in.  Beyond that, I'm sort of at a loss.  I have no problem asking for practical stuff or stuff for Critter*, but I'm thinking there's got to be some stuff out there that every pregnant woman NEEDS.  What is this stuff?  What's going to make my pregnancy easier/more enjoyable?

Ready? Go! (If you don't want to/can't comment on the blog, feel free to email me.)

* While I do not mind asking for (USEFUL!) baby stuff for Christmas, Scott does.  This is the man who wanted to wait until Christmas to tell our families to make sure he still got all of his gifts.  Yes, he's five.  And I love him.

7 comments:

  1. I loved my bottle genier......once they were a little older...you could put them in their bobby pillow (another must have) and put their bottle in the bottle genie and you could have a free hand.

    Let's See....
    What Else?

    Nasal Aspirators......dozens of them.

    Diaper Champ....don't bother with the diaper genie and their refill bags....the Champ uses what ever kind of bags you have....

    classical music cd's to fall asleep to....

    Oh I know I will think of more...I just haven't had any coffee yet...

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about when you were preggo Kari? I've heard good things about the Bella Bands - did you use one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sara! So, obviously I've never had a little munchkin myself but have loads of close friends that have been preggo. Most of these recs are taken verbatim from my friend Nini.... Here are some thoughts: Bella Bands are great, use of Mamma Mio (or something like that) belly rub to make sure you don't get stretch marks is good, preggo pops (ginger lollipops that help with morning sickness),Belly bars are good for snacking. Apparently they have loads of Folic acid. All of these things can be purchased at Isis. Oh, and one thing you may want to ask for from Santa would be a Pre-natal massage. Again, Nini loved them! You'll deserve it too. Ok, off to more report writing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara~
    I loved my bella bands! I also remember getting comfy PJ's and loving coming home to them after those long days at League. A body pillow is a must have - it helped especially towards then end. I will try to thilnk of more...
    I am just so excited for you!!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. a body pillow is a GREAT idea and so are comfy pjs...pea in a pod has great pjs & long underwear! if you find a speacial body pillow, let me know...this is my gift to buy!!!!
    overwhelming love for you and baby,

    mom/nana

    ReplyDelete
  6. How about some nice slippers and comfy clothes, maybe button down PJ tops, for nursing? Just thinking of stuff my friends have liked.
    -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with your Mom....a body pillow, possible two body pillows.....a supportive yet comfortable bra....and comfortable shoes ;) Massages are nice too :)

    ReplyDelete